Things are quite calm for now. Dad seems able to rest for the first time in a while which is good. I am quite sure he is exhausted. They put him back in the C-collar briefly to perform a follow up x-ray of his neck. The x-ray turned up fine and clear and they were able to remove the C-collar. He is asking for food and is telling us he's starving, which is good. We are still waiting on the neurosurgeon to come meet with us to clear that he's not having surgery so that we can feed him. I feel like this is the daily, routine "Is he having surgery?" scare. He doesn't seem to really recognize us, but I do think he is quite tired. No real update on communication skills. He seems to be able to ask for things on occasion, but can't really respond when we initiate the conversation.
For now we are trying to keep him stress and drama free. The less trauma, the better.
Will update later. Thank you for the prayers.
ORC
No comments:
Post a Comment