I don't know if any of you have read "Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. Our family subscribes to the daily devotionals via email, and I found todays to be particularly insightful, especially where you all are concerned.
I created this blog to initially be a fact issuing endeavor. I wanted to get facts to the (and I'm being serious) hundreds of people that wanted to know how Dad was doing. I know that "God is in control" but I also think he encourages us to be a community of believers praying and fighting for something as a group. My thought is that we aren't intended to have blind hope and then sit alone and wait for blessings to come. We are meant to be in communion with one another. We build each other up, and we support each other in times of crisis.
This blog has come to be such a community. It was down for about an hour and a half yesterday and I got an influx of questions about where it went. I am amazed by how many people are caring and praying, and am encouraged by the progress he's making as a result. This truly is a reciprocal effort. We support each other as a community, and are there for each other physically and in prayer during times of need. This is truly special and I love how engaged we have all become together. He is impressing doctors and nurses left and right and I know it is because of his own strength being supplemented by your strength and prayers.
Here is the link to today's devotional which sparked this post:
http://purposedriven.com/blogs/dailyhope/your-faith-will-help-me-and-my-faith-will-help-you/
Love to you all. Thank you so much for being so engaged. What an awesome community; we will all be there to pull him through!
ORC
Here is the link to today's devotional which sparked this post:
http://purposedriven.com/blogs/dailyhope/your-faith-will-help-me-and-my-faith-will-help-you/
Love to you all. Thank you so much for being so engaged. What an awesome community; we will all be there to pull him through!
ORC
No comments:
Post a Comment