Awesome night. Best ever.
Dad went to sleep and woke up around 8:45. He proceeded to look straight at us and say that "while I know I'm not 100%, I feel a heck of a lot better." From there....we had a 30 minute conversation. We talked about the accident, the night at the emergency room, the past several days, visitors that he remembers and how he overall perceives his injury. He was remarkably un-frustrated when he got to words he didn't know, but rather worked through them patiently with us. It's been a little over 48 hours, and the man is talking wonderfully. I am amazed. It was truly like a switch flipped. We called my brothers and he talked to both of them. He addressed them as "hey son" and afterwards said "later bud, love you!"
He was quite the jokester tonight, but he also was able to discuss himself and how he felt and what's happened over the last 3 days. We did hit some bumps with words and sentences, but if he got to something that he didn't know, he remained calm and was able to say..."ya know, I'm just not getting that one right now." This is the kind of progress I believe they were expecting weeks from now.
I know that there are peaks and valleys, and this was certainly a peak. But it was awesome. Dad is there. He is funny, loving and clever.
When the nurse (who I drug in there to witness the event) came in, Dad was on the phone with one of my brothers and said "I gotta go, I gotta girl here who wants to talk to me again." He got off the phone and said "what do you want now?" She asked him to hold up two fingers which he did with a witty smile on his face and then started wiggling the fingers around like a real smarty pants.
Your prayers are AMAZING. He is AMAZING. God is AMAZING.
Again, I know that there will be times that aren't as great as tonight, but tonight gave us great hope. Keep praying, you all mean the world to us!
Love yall!
ORC
No comments:
Post a Comment